Milford is situated along 17 miles of Long Island Sound shoreline with numerous public beaches. Walnut Beach and Silver Sands State Park are within walking distance for Heritage Sound residents. A 3/4 mile long boardwalk parallel to the water connects Walnut Beach to Silver Sands State Park.
- The Connecticut Audubon’s Coastal Center at Milford Point is two miles from Heritage Sound. It offers workshops and hands-on activities for children. Spotting scopes provide visitors an opportunity for close-ups of osprey and various shore birds.
- A large public harbor in the heart of downtown is available for any boater to book a slip and then also enjoy the convenience of walking to shops and restaurants. Learn more about the Milford harbor.
- The centerpiece of downtown Milford is the second longest “Town Green” in New England – where dozens of fairs, concerts, and holiday events are held throughout the year.
- Historical landmarks throughout Milford commemorate its history dating from 1639 when the Milford Colony was established. Visit www.milfordhistoricalsociety.org to learn more.
- Milford’s Recreation Department offers dozens of activities for citizens of all ages, ranging from Golf, Tennis, Fitness and Well Being to a Little Scientists class. For activities and to sign up, go to www.milfordrecreation.com.